cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to catch intersection point of crossing 3D arcs

FrankRadermache
1-Newbie

How to catch intersection point of crossing 3D arcs

Hello,

I have a problem or lack of understanding of catching the intersection point between two 3D lines. When I make two straight 3D lines that cross each other I am not able to catch the intersecting point to attach another line to it. The only way I found is activating the UV plane. Doing that I can catch the point. But what do I have to do if the lines are crossing on the surface of a sfere?

thanks in advance

Frank

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Frank !

You have to cut one of the lines at the intersection point. Then you get a feature to catch.

I attached a picture, but unfortunately from the german version.

In the 3D-lines function you find it nearly at the bottom.

First click the line, then click the button "element-3d" and then click the crossing line at any point.

Should work at a sphere surface too.

---------------------
SolidDesigner-20.5 + PE8 + PhoenixPDM + Solidworks + Blender

if you are sure that they physically intersect try the options INTERSECT or TRIM. select the curves and go to EDIT menu to find these.

Another option is use a measure to find the distance between these two curves and save it as a feature. Once you do that, redefine and there is an option to create points on curve1 or curve2 or both where it is near to each other..

Please let me know if you have further questions

Regards

Joe

Top Tags