cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to change corner shape where two sheet metal walls meet perpendicularly?

simran
6-Contributor

How to change corner shape where two sheet metal walls meet perpendicularly?

Hello all, have  a good day

I am having a problem in sheet metal part modeling, I have two walls perpendicular to each other and their ends/edges are adjacent to each other,now the corner that is formed at the bottom is V-type i want it to be rectangular, as is in the drawing given to me from which i have to model this sheet metal part. I have attached the images from drawing which i have to follow and the images of the model that i made, kindly go through these images for better clarification and how i want it.

Thank you all so much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:simran)

Sohaib,

I don't think single flange wall will help you here. You may try creating two flange walls and extend walls (without option "Extend surface adjacent to edge").

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Sohaib,

I don't think single flange wall will help you here. You may try creating two flange walls and extend walls (without option "Extend surface adjacent to edge").

simran
6-Contributor
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

...and how do u do that? Extend feature is greyed out/unselectable in my model right now.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

You need to select the edge of wall to extend..

Video attached..

simran
6-Contributor
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

Thank you Mahesh, your solution seemed to work for me and i applied that. Have a good day dear.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Take your model and flatten the walls, then add a sheet metal cutout of a square punch in the corners to give you what you have.

The reason you are getting the wedge shape is that the software is trying to close the gap for welding a 'water-tight' seam. This is not always needed.

simran
6-Contributor
(To:BenLoosli)

Hey thanks Ben. Thats another way of doing it, i havent thought about that. Will keep that in mind as well. Thanks alot.

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

Hi, here is what you need. The file is Creo 4.0 version.

simran
6-Contributor

Thank you guys, i have found my solution. our answers were ar ereally helpful

Top Tags