cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to convert imported iges(surface) file to solid part?

anatarajan
1-Newbie

How to convert imported iges(surface) file to solid part?

Hi,

I have a problem, I imported a iges model file, now it is in surface, how to convert surface model into solid model in Creo 3.0?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:anatarajan)

If it is not automatically solid then it probably has gaps or missing surfaces. You have to use either IDD or possibly adding surfaces to make it solid (plus possibly a combination of changing accuracy and other tricks). This can range from a few seconds to a few hours depending on how bad the import looks.

The very first hing you can try is select it and hit Solidify and see if that does it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Aravind Kumar Natarajan wrote:

Hi,

I have a problem, I imported a iges model file, now it is in surface, how to convert surface model into solid model in Creo 3.0?

I think you may posted your question to the wrong Community.   This is the Mathcad Community not the Creo one.

Stuart

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:anatarajan)

If it is not automatically solid then it probably has gaps or missing surfaces. You have to use either IDD or possibly adding surfaces to make it solid (plus possibly a combination of changing accuracy and other tricks). This can range from a few seconds to a few hours depending on how bad the import looks.

The very first hing you can try is select it and hit Solidify and see if that does it.

Aravind,

Did the information Matt help to solidify the imported data?

You may refer PDF and Sample file in earlier post for information about IDD  Re: Import Data Doctor

Top Tags