cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to create symbol that will auto-increment?

patrick
1-Newbie

How to create symbol that will auto-increment?

In a drawing with many dimensions, I have a need to add a reference number for each dimension on the drawing. (1,2,3......) And each number needs to be in a circle similar to a BOM balloon. Since there are so many, I would like to be able to create something like a custom symbol that would auto increment the number each time I clicked a new location with the mouse. Then if I went back later to add more, it would increment based on the highest reference number already on the drawing.

Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3

Looking for this as well, have found ZERO answers.

Did you ever get this to work?

Best, Nick

I think this isn't built in. J-link or WebLink could work; it would be tough to do with a complex mapkey. If pressed I would work it with AutoIt, but the performance might be sluggish - each iteration would include retrieving a parameter value (the last highest number), create the symbol, then update the parameter value. Error handling for a user changing their mind and so forth is a big effort.

There is an application that looks like it does the whole job: http://www.sigmaxim.com/Products/Inspect/inspect.html though I haven't used it.

Thank you, I will look into this

Top Tags