cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to delete weld symbol parameters and shorten its dashed line

tleati
10-Marble

How to delete weld symbol parameters and shorten its dashed line

Hi,

I need to edit the default weld symbols in order to not have to manually edit them in the properties window each time and for each weld.

1.PNG

In particular, I should do this:

- know how to load the library and edit a symbol.

- delete the weld lenght and the progressive number at the end. For example in the fillet weld they are the "tail" and the "style" checkboxes.

- shorten the continuous and dashed guide line under the symbol numbers, since having just the fillet size and triangle symbol (+ the all-arournd circle in some cases) doesn't require much lenght of the lines below and by extending over it also takes space uselessly in the drawing.

- possibily save the edited symbol with another name, to not overwrite the default one.

(there seems not to be much of information/guides on how to edit symbols around on the internet, unless someone has some material to advise).

Many thanks

Bye

Tommaso

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:tleati)

Look under the Symbol Gallery ( I think that's where it is.) At least into Creo 2 it pops up the old menus for saving and creating symbols.

Here's a video for Creo 3 Creo 3.0 Tutorial: How to create custom drawing symbol - YouTube

Also the end of this page Anyone else find it difficult/impossible to modify a symbol instance?

mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:tleati)

Hello Tommaso Leati,

have found following config:

- pro_weld_params_dir --- ProE help says: "Specifies the directory to search when a weld parameter file is needed."

Not absolutly sure, but it can specify weld symbol directory.

Top Tags