cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to disign a flexible tarpaulin

ptc-6089663
1-Newbie

How to disign a flexible tarpaulin

Salut à tous !

Je dois dessiner un enrouleur (type enrouleur de piscine).

Je bloque pour modeliser la bache.

Il faut que je puisse simuler plusieur position de la bache donc cela implique de faire une pièce flexible.

Je pensais faire une spline et un balayage mais je ne sais pas comment dessiner cette spline (en position déroulé ça doit etre une droite et en position enroulé une spirale...)

enrouleurpiscine2.JPG

Avez vous des solutions à me proposer ?

Hi to all!
I have to draw a roller (
Winter swimming pool cover type)
I'm blocked to design the tarpaulin
I have to simulate several position tarpaulin so it involves making a flexible part.
I was thinking of doing a spline and a sweep but I do not know how to draw the spline (transform a straight into a spiral..)

How can i make ?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I'd build it as a cylinder for the rolled cover and a flat sheet for the extended cover and use a relation that changed the rolled cover diameter based on the amount of flat sheet extension.

The volume of the rolled cover plus the volume of extended cover is a constant, so that will be the basis for the equation.

Michael Esquirol welcome to the community

Top Tags