cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to export DXF of an assembly

bridgel
3-Visitor

How to export DXF of an assembly

I have an assembly that represents a rigid/flex board. Each board is a solid shape and the flexes connecting them are done with sheetmetal. I want to export the flattened model as a DXF so I can import it into my ECAD tool as the board outline. However, I need just the overall outline. I cannot seem to get rid of the lines where the flex components meet the rigid boards.

What I am doing is unbending the flex, then creating a drawing of the 3D model. I add the view of the whole flex laid out flat. Then I export that as a DXF. But I have the lines between the boards and the flexes that I cannot get rid of. The ECAD tool is not smart enough to remove them. Is there some other way of doing this with my assembly?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

If you take the file into AutoCAD, or draftsight (free version of AutoCAD), you can delete the lines then save in the configuration you desire.

I would very much like to skip bringing it into yet another tool.

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:bridgel)

Re-import them into a new Pro/E drawing and delete the lines there, then export that.Remember to turn off the format to avoid adding the outline to the DXF file.

you can also make sure the following config is set to no:

smt_outside_mold_lines

yes, no*

yes—Outside mold lines are created during the flat pattern creation.

no—Outside mold lines are not created during the flat pattern creation.

Determines which mold lines to create during the flat pattern creation.

Top Tags