cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to get intelligent fastener extension for Creo elements 5.0?

gcarpenter
1-Newbie

How to get intelligent fastener extension for Creo elements 5.0?

I have been trying to add fasteners in some assemblies. is there any way to assemble automatic fasteners in Creo-Elements 5.0?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:gcarpenter)

The Intelligent Fastener Extension is new for Creo3, so I doubt there will be any back porting to even Cre02, let alone Creo/Elements-Parametric 5, which is out-dated and no longer supported.

thank you. Then how should we use the part library in creo elements 5.0?

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:gcarpenter)

The intelligent fastener extension included with Creo 3 is nothing more than a modified version of Sigmaxim's SmartLibrary bundled directly with Creo.  You can still go to Sigmaxim and purchase the full product.  This would allow you to automatically assembly fasteners as well as other library components.  They will certainly have versions that are still compatible with Wildfire 5.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:TomU)

Hi,

IFX / SMARTLibrary is developed by B&W software GmbH, see web page https://www.buw-soft.de/index.php?id=ifx&L=3

MH

Martin Hanák
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MartinHanak)

Correct.  My understanding is that B&W has the programmers and developers and Sigmaxim has the sales and support staff.  Of course things may function differently for sales outside of the USA.

Top Tags