cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to hide a parameter value in drawing

thlavinka
1-Newbie

How to hide a parameter value in drawing

Hello,

I have several model parameters that are shown in drawing BOM. Two of them are raw material dimensions and a standard (norm)

I would need to hide/dont show a value of the dimension in drawing supposing that the parameter standard is not empty.

Thanks in advance

Tom

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:thlavinka)

You should manage to do this with relations in you parts. Something such as :

if standard == ""

dimensions = ""

else

dimensions = "what ever you want"

endif

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

You should manage to do this with relations in you parts. Something such as :

if standard == ""

dimensions = ""

else

dimensions = "what ever you want"

endif

Can i ask for one more help?

I would like add next following relation to a subasm drawing:

if asm.mbr.nazev == "SVARENEC"

asm.mbr.norma = ""

else

asm.mbr.norma = &sheet_number

endif

where asm.mbr.nazev is a name of the subasm/part in BOM. In case of a subassembly the name is always "SVARENEC"

I would like to make a relation to have in the bom collumn a sheet number in case of subasm (svarenec) or a standard (DIN....) at parts in the same collumn.

It does not work....

Thanks for help

Tom

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

The syntax asm.mbr.something is used only in the table reports. For you relation you must write it with parameters like this for example :

if nazev == "SVARENEC"

norma =""

else

norma = &sheet_number

endif

OK, and this relation should be in drawing bom table or each model of the subasm?

I tried both ways with no success

thanks

Not sure i understand the problem, but first, make sure you get rid of the ampersand (&). Second, make sure you get rid of the dots in the repeat region param names and replace them with underscorers (_).

if asm_mbr_nazev == "SVARENEC"

asm_mbr_norma = ""

else

asm_mbr_norma = sheet_number

endif

Third, depending on what version of Creo/Pro/E you run make sure all the parameters that are used, such as ASM_MBR_NAZEV, ASM_MBR_NORMA, SHEET_NUMBER are present in the repeat region parameter list.

It works....., thanks a lot

Top Tags