cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to make a component interface work with restricting external references?

jreiter
1-Newbie

How to make a component interface work with restricting external references?

Hello,

I would like to use component to component interface for placing parts in an assembly. In the same time, I would like to restrict the external allowed referencing to Publish Geometry only. I did add the needed references (Coordsys) to the PG, but this did not help. When I share "All" in the external reference Control, it is working.

How can I do both? Restrict people referring the part and in the same time use a interface to interface placing?

Thanks for your help.

Jonas

2017-04-06_17h28_50.png

1 REPLY 1
sully7
13-Aquamarine
(To:jreiter)

Hi, 

Have you tried editing the config.pro option for interfaces? There are a lot of settings here, some specifically are - "default_comp_geom_scope"s, "default_geom_scope". Some of these may give you the control you are looking for: 

Untitled.png

If this doesn't give you the control you want, another thing you can do is add filters/rules to the component interface definition - so that the interface only allows you to select from publish geoms. If you want it to be interface-to-interface, you could edit these filters to be more advanced as well.

Capture.JPG

Let me know if you need any additional help, I'd be happy to walk you through some of the configurations & possibilities.

Also, if you're interested, we actually offer a product to help standardize/automate some of these steps and configurations - https://cadactive.com/products/autointerface/

Thanks, 

James Sullivan

President & Founder

CadActive Technologies

www.cadactive.com

President & Founder
CadActive Technologies - www.cadactive.com
Top Tags