cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to make creo "common Name" mandatory

ptc-4528441
1-Newbie

How to make creo "common Name" mandatory

Hello All,

One of my customer requirement .While creation of part there are 2 fields

1 . Name

2. Common name

I want to make "Common Name " As mandatory field

Please suggest me how to do it

Regard

Lingashetty

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
Gucio
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-4528441)

Mayby you should try ModelCheck. There is an option to check if value of parameter is filled. As far as I know, there is no option by default.

Regards

Krzysztof

Krzysztof
rrich-2
1-Newbie
(To:Gucio)

There are a couple of issues here.

First is assuming you are using a PDM system. I do not know about others but in Windchill common name does get filled out. If you leave it blank then it takes the same name as you type in for Name. As far as I know Windchill or Intralink will be the only ones to acctually use these as two independent data fields.

Second if you want this filled in then I assume you most likely want this as a different name than the name field. So the only way to ensure that is by the human factor. If you are creating a new part you must type this info in by yourself. If you forget then you are out of luck.

In windchill you may rename this if you wish, but then that will be another manual step.

Top Tags