cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to make fix constraint on the whole STEP file?

cadbart
10-Marble

How to make fix constraint on the whole STEP file?

Hi,

Unfortunately I often have to work on STEP files in my company. I noticed that sometimes I cannot grouping some of the components in my model tree while working on STEP files. When I choose the components which I want to group and click the right mouse button in order to choose the group options I cannot see this option - there's no group option inside menu. I constrainted these components and then tried to grouping them but the result is the same - there's no group option inside menu after choosing components and clicking right mouse button in order to display menu. Do you know why is it like that?

Thank you in advance for all replies! 

1 REPLY 1
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:cadbart)

Can you share a screen shot of the tree of a model where you are having problems?

My best guess without further information is that the step came in with sub assemblies and you are trying to group parts in a sub assembly without activating the sub assembly.

Sub assembly not active and grouping icon does not show:

kdirth_1-1624018210098.png

Sub assembly active and grouping icon available:

kdirth_0-1624018177204.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags