cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to manually add models to BOM

wasim
2-Guest

How to manually add models to BOM

Hello,

I have an assembly which consist of machined parts and standard parts (like screws, springs...etc) i need to make separate BOM for machined & standard parts, is it possible to do it by manually selecting the parts for different BOM's

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:wasim)

It's pretty easy to manually filter items out using the repeat region filters (I'm assuming you're talking about a drawing here).  Better would be to find a way to filter them by rule, perhaps your file names have consistent prefixes or you could create a Y/N parameter named "standard" in each part set to Y for standard parts, N for machined.  Then I think this will show only the standard parts:

&asm.mbr.standard  == Y

And this will only show the machined:

&asm.mbr.standard  == N
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:wasim)

It's pretty easy to manually filter items out using the repeat region filters (I'm assuming you're talking about a drawing here).  Better would be to find a way to filter them by rule, perhaps your file names have consistent prefixes or you could create a Y/N parameter named "standard" in each part set to Y for standard parts, N for machined.  Then I think this will show only the standard parts:

&asm.mbr.standard  == Y

And this will only show the machined:

&asm.mbr.standard  == N
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Thank you for such imple explanation.

Top Tags