cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to measure total surface area?

SandySetiawan
1-Newbie

How to measure total surface area?

Hello All,

I found difficulty in measuring total surface area of modeling part. I just able to measure a single selected surface but can't for totally one. See this following picture for detail?

Does anyone able to solve this case?

Thanks

area measurement.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alternatively, you could create a copy of the surfaces you want included in the area calculation and then select the quilt.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Sandy,

when you select object to measure, place cursor on your model, click right mouse button and use Pick From List command. In Pick From List window select name of you part and click OK.

Martin

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin,

I've tried but it not works. In pick of list menu, I can't select more than one surface that I've to measured. I don't know, might be what I've done is not like your suggest.

Btw.. thanks Martin

Sandy,

just to explain... I apologize, my suggestion was wrong, because I did not read your question carefully. I thought that you want to measure the surface of whole part.

Martin

Martin Hanák

Alternatively, you could create a copy of the surfaces you want included in the area calculation and then select the quilt.

You've solve my case Mat.

Even though I have to make a copy surface first, but it can totally measure all surfaces.

Thanks Bro!

Need your advice for another case may be next

How to Measure Multiple Surface Area

1. Use 'copy' surface and select multiple surface area which want to measure

2. Click 'Measure' icon

3. Choose 'area' for type & 'quilt' for entity

4. Select 'copy surface' for quilt entity

5. Pro-E will measure the surfaces, shown on Results row --> quilt area = ...

Thank you

solve.jpg

Top Tags