cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to remove/update session IDs from part parameters in a drawing table

NP_9105972
4-Participant

How to remove/update session IDs from part parameters in a drawing table

Hello there,

I have a small problem with a drawing that I have been working on. I am using a table to call out some spring specs by calling out the parameter directly. All of our springs are controlled by a family table so the idea was to create a drawing where you could "Replace View Model" and instantly have a drawing that has all the info for the new part. The problem is the table wont update because the parameters are all followed by a session ID that still links to the old model that was replaced. If I manually remove the session ID from the parameter the table will update.

Is there a way to automatically update the session ID to the ID of the new model?

Thanks friends

4 REPLIES 4
Kotom-Eng
15-Moonstone
(To:NP_9105972)

Are you working on    Creo Parametric    or    Creo Elements Direct Modeling/Drafting   ?

http://kotom.eng.free.fr
NP_9105972
4-Participant
(To:Kotom-Eng)

Creo parametric 8

Kotom-Eng
15-Moonstone

Then you should move your post to "Creo Parametric" to get an answer from this community.

http://kotom.eng.free.fr
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Is this drawing of a single part of of an assembly?  Does the drawing have multiple models added to it or does it contain only a single model?

Single model part drawings do not require session ID in the tables.  The dimension name can be directly referenced and will automatically update when the drawing model is replaced with a different family table instance.

TomU_0-1653646939970.png

TomU_1-1653646980139.png

TomU_2-1653646990480.png

TomU_3-1653647003881.png

Top Tags