cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to route several wire/cable simultaneously (pro/cabling)

ptc-3033723
1-Newbie

How to route several wire/cable simultaneously (pro/cabling)

Hello. I have some difficulty with pro/cabling. I would like route several cable from several connector, and i would like use a bundle (without sheath). My problem : impossible to join all wire/cable in the bundle. When i select wire/cable to route, i select entry port and pro/cabling write :"Cannot route more than one cable to WIRE entry port" Should be select several entry port, but pro/cabling don't suggest this. If you have a idea for join several wire/cable, I'd be EXTREMELY grateful.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

And a other question, I can not follow a existing wire. I create a wire with manual routing betwen two connector, after, i follow the help center indication : =>Click CABLING > Route. =>Select the items to route. The CABLE SEL, ADD CABLES, and ADD CBL SEL menus appear. =>Click Select from the ADD CBL SEL menu. The SELECT dialog box opens. =>Select the cable and click OK. =>Click Done Sel in the CABLE SEL menu. The CBL ROUTE menu appears. =>Route to a network location that is used by the cable that you want to follow. =>Click Follow Cable and select the cable to follow the same path as an existing cable But, when a click on "follow cable" pro/cabling write "No cables at this location other than the ones being routed". I have no solution, please help me.
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-3033723)

Try this website: http://portal.ptcuser.org/p/us/in/ Under Forums, there is a discussion group for Routed Systems. A lot of Pro Cabling users post there, you might get some help there.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

Setting a port type to WIRE does exactly what it says - it only allows a single wire to route into it. If you want to have more going into the port you need to choose ROUND or FLAT. Those parameter values determine how to position the wires as they route into the port.

Martin

Top Tags