cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to set customized washer work with screws and nuts?

yyuan
1-Newbie

How to set customized washer work with screws and nuts?

Hi All,

I have created customized screws and nuts recently for our company.

Now I am creating customized washers.

Everything works fine till the washers coming. Now I can't get the washers work with the screws and nuts. Simply I just can't get the washers available when I am assembling fasteners.

Here are what I have done.

Basically, I take some of the standard fasteners from "mm". Copy the folder and rename as a different name "ABC". Modified the menu file in the folder, rename it respectively.

I can get all these work fine on screws and nuts. But when it comes to washers, it doesn't work any more. In the IFX interface, when I choose "ABC" from the new generated menu, I can choose the screw and nut, but the washes are grayed out. 

Please, any one knows where to set this work properly?

Thanks,

Yifeng

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
yyuan
1-Newbie
(To:yyuan)

Never Mind. Every body.

I found the answer my self.

The key point is in the "*.mnu" file. The first few lines can only have two line of "#".

I am wondering if somewhere has an explanation of the syntax of the input in those file.

Yifeng

Hi Yifeng,

in the *.mnu file there always have to be a block of 3 lines.

First line: Folder or Filename

Second line: English description

Third line: Custom language description

You can add a comment block with "#" but this must also be a block of three.

Example:

#

# MY WASHERS

#

Regards,

Oli

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH
Top Tags