cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to set default text to Shannon

ojohn
1-Newbie

How to set default text to Shannon

I need exact steps to make Shannon the default text style.  Shannon is already in Creo 2.0 but I have to set it each time I make a text or dimension.

6 REPLIES 6
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:ojohn)

Hi,

in drawing you can set default_font option. See http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/index.html#page/detail%2Fdetail_options.html%23 page.

MH

Martin Hanák

Martin:  When I go to the setup site I see the default text as FONT.NDX.  Do I change that to FONT.SHANNON ?  Also, you mentioned "in drawing."  I want this change to be worldwide, to be set when I power-up Creo, so that I never have to set it again.

Thanks.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

1.] config.pro file contains drawing_setup_file option

The value of this option is path to detail configuration file. Let us suppose that its name is detail.dtl

2.] detail.dtl file contains default_font option

Set its value to shanno.ttf and save the file.

To see font file names, go to fonts directory in Creo installation. In CR2 it is Creo2_LOADPOINT\Creo 2.0\Common Files\Mxxx\text\fonts

3.] verify that new drawings uses Shannon font as default .

4.] to repair existing drawings, click File > Prepare > Drawing Properties > Detail Options > change and load modified detail.dtl file

MH

Martin Hanák

Thanks for the info but I have one dumb question: it looks like the CONFIG.PRO is the key, but how to I get into it?  Where is it located?

StephenW
23-Emerald II

FILE - OPTIONS - configuration editor

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

• <Creo 2.0>\Common Files\Mxxx\text directory
  • User HOME directory
  • startup directory set in Creo shortcut

You can also use Windows Search to locate config.pro.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags