cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to stop auto opening pdf after its generation from a dxf or dwg?

RG_10671499
8-Gravel

How to stop auto opening pdf after its generation from a dxf or dwg?

Hello all,

I'm encountering an issue while converting numerous DXF files to PDF format using a Creo Mapkey. The generated PDF automatically opens in another application, interrupting the Mapkey process. This behavior persists even after changing the default PDF application. Any alternative suggestion to avoid this will be much helpful. 

RG_10671499_0-1723899318806.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:RG_10671499)

If you are using File - save as - save a copy to get your pdf, there is a box to turn off "Open file in acrobat" (i don't have acrobat, but it opens in my windows default PDF program). When I uncheck the box, there is no auto open.

If you are using File - Print, That would be controlled by your PDF printer settings.  I attached my settings for my pdf creation software print settings screen, but yours will likely be different

You may need to step thru the PDF creation process manually (instead of mapkey) to find the click you will need to include in the mapkey or setting on your PDF software you will need to change.

StephenW_1-1723899985878.png

StephenW_2-1723900327012.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:RG_10671499)

If you are using File - save as - save a copy to get your pdf, there is a box to turn off "Open file in acrobat" (i don't have acrobat, but it opens in my windows default PDF program). When I uncheck the box, there is no auto open.

If you are using File - Print, That would be controlled by your PDF printer settings.  I attached my settings for my pdf creation software print settings screen, but yours will likely be different

You may need to step thru the PDF creation process manually (instead of mapkey) to find the click you will need to include in the mapkey or setting on your PDF software you will need to change.

StephenW_1-1723899985878.png

StephenW_2-1723900327012.png

That is helpful. Thank you for your time and assistance.

Top Tags