cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to write mathematical equations in relation dialog box, such as cuberoot, cot, tan, cosine etc??

srajbhar
4-Participant

How to write mathematical equations in relation dialog box, such as cuberoot, cot, tan, cosine etc??

Hi All,

Let take is a parameter(d1), ds,g1 and toe...
now i want to write equation for below farmulaes, how can i write, please suggest...

cuberoot.jpgcot.jpg

regards & thanks!
Shravan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gotta put that 1/3 in parentheses. Operator precedence.

27^1/3 = ( 27 ^ 1 ) / 3 = 27 / 3 = 9

27^(1/3) = 27^0.33333333 = 3

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:srajbhar)

It should all be explained in the help section under expressions.

I am not sure about the cuberoot value.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

R1max = 0.505 * d1 + 0.069*d1^(1/3)

ds = p * cos ( tau / 2 ) / sin ( tau / 2 ) - 1.04 * g1 - 0.76

The only term I'm not sure of is the fractional "power", "^(1/3). I've never had need to use such an expression. You should also take a look at the reference materials people have suggested. The syntax is similar to most programming languages with respect to operator precedence, etc.

All "variables" above ( such as "tau", "d1", "R1max", etc.) are assumed to have been defined as parameters or model dimensions.

srajbhar
4-Participant
(To:KenFarley)

It worked! thanks!

This sounds like an excellent case for using an embedded Mathcad worksheet instead of Relations.

Mathcad Express is free from PTC, and no additional licenses are necessary to embed a worksheet. This functionality is available from the Applications tab.

Dave Martin - dmartin@creowindchill.com - https://www.mcaeconsulting.com

Unless I'm mistaken, these equations are of fundamental importance in the urine extraction process.
Or as we call it in Scotland, taking the piss!

??

RoyCrerar
14-Alexandrite

Hi, for power and root functions the format is ^x and ^-x, so cube root will be ^0.333 or ^1/3

Gotta put that 1/3 in parentheses. Operator precedence.

27^1/3 = ( 27 ^ 1 ) / 3 = 27 / 3 = 9

27^(1/3) = 27^0.33333333 = 3

Top Tags