cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

I need help with wildfire 3.0 m000

scotmoore
1-Newbie

I need help with wildfire 3.0 m000

Hi, My company recently found out we could upgrade from wildfire 2.0 to wildfire 3.0. after doing so now i have lost the control for line weight in a pdf doc. I had the config file set up in 2.0 pdf_use_pentable yes however this does not work in 3.0 m000 i have read in later versions that it is fixed. is there anyway i can either control the line weight for pdf's in 3.0 m000 or upgrade for free to m020 where i think this problem was fixed?

thanks...

also I know I can print to pdf and control it that way the problem with that is the other guy i am working with can never get it right no matter how many times i show him. sop every time he makes a pdf which is 30+ times a day i have to do it for him....

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

See TAN 138980 (https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=138980)

Resolution
The correct way to specify the line weight for PDF output is to use pen table file.
The penX_line_weight options currently don't work for PDF output.
Both Pro/ENGINEER UI and ProPDFExport (Pro/TOOLKIT) would fail to produce the correct pdf without pen table file.
To use the pen table file, useshould set the config.pro options "pdf_use_pentable" to "yes" and "pen_table_file" to the location where the pen table file is saved.

Affected Products
Product: Pro/ENGINEER
Module: Pro/TOOLKIT
Reported Release: Wildfire 3.0
Reported Datecode: M100
Resolved Release: Wildfire 3.0
Resolved Datecode: M100

In theory if you have a license to use WF3 you are aloud to use any release of WF3. In practice if you are not on maintenance you cannot download the updates, so I am not sure how you can get them. You should check with your reseller and see if they can get you an updated release.

Top Tags