cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

ISO Metric setup

MikaelMadsen
1-Newbie

ISO Metric setup

Since I bought Pro/E Wildfire 4 four years ago, I have still not made it working completely with the metric system. I.e when I am creating a drawing my texts are really small and a lot of other problems.

Why is it that hard to find a standard setup for the ISO system including line thickness and text sizes.

Anyone can help me?

At the moment I am using Creo 1 and it is the same problem.

The swedish PLATINUM PARTNER ECONOCAP can't after about four years of service contract.

When I used Inventor before it was really easy. Maybe it is time to change back???

Thanks in advance.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Hi

Pro-e gives more flexibility than other softwares (Related to configuration)

For example

Font size in drawing can be easily changed in Drawing option(.dtl file)

After you change your font size save the configuration at specific location

Give the path of the file in your config.pro

To go to drawing options

Go to

File>Prepare>Drawing Properties

Details options(Click Change)

Then change your font size in the following

Text_height

If it resolves your current problem; you can post your rest of the problems.

Regards

K.Mahanta

option.JPG

You may use my confıg fıles ıf ıt helps. You may have to edıt some of the settıngs for your own use. The settıngs are for WF5. Hence you are requested to compare the settıngs One-BY-One before usıng ıt as ıt ıs. It ıs possıble some of the settıngs have changed ın Creo.

ConfIg.pro

ConfIg.dtl

ChristineVick
5-Regular Member
(To:s.iyer)

s.iyer,

would it be possible for you to e-mail me your config.pro and config.dtl file to:

-

Hi Christine,

I have given the links to the file in my post above. Are you unable to download? In case you have missed noticing it, you may try once again.

A note of caution: The files would have my own folder mapping. Hence I would recommend that the config file is not used as it is but compared side by side with your existing config files. A method could be importing the two into Excel and compare using the VLOOKUP.

In proe all you need to set up one .dtl file for metric system and it will work good. By using config.pro font_dir option you can also set windows fonts into proe drawing. Make one metric setup file and use it repeatitvely.

Top Tags