cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Images inserted into a notebook (.lay) are all of a sudden not visible

HK_4047345
3-Visitor

Images inserted into a notebook (.lay) are all of a sudden not visible

I recently updated to Creo 9.0, and the images I've inserted into a notebook file have begun to not show up in the notebook.  This makes using the notebook much more difficult, since the images had references for the various input fields in the notebook.  What's really bizarre is that the problem is intermittent.  In some workspaces, it works fine.  In others, it never works.  In others, it bounces back and forth.  The config for display_images is set to yes, so I know that's not the problem.  When the images don't display, I do get a warning in the log upon opening the file: "Retrieved object was previously saved with display."  I'm not sure how to fix this problem, though.

4 REPLIES 4

I wonder - the notebook is a kind of a drawing, isn't it?  So I wonder if it has to do with the save_texture_with_model config.pro setting...

see https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS288145  for example.

... such problem must be reported to PTC Support.

Martin Hanák
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:HK_4047345)

If images in notebook are treated the same as they are in drawings there is an issue if save_texture_with_model is not always set to yes.

I have noticed recently that after saving an image in a drawing (using save_texture_with_model yes) it is not permanently saved in the file.  

I use a mapkey when I want to save an image with a file.  We use scanned images/sketches from the designer to create parts and do not want those images to accidentally leave the company embedded in a file.  The mapkey sets the config to yes, saves the file, and returns the config to no.

If, after saving a drawing with an image, I save it again normally, the image is no longer embedded in the file.  If I reopen the drawing, after saving it with the image, make any change and save it normally, the image will not be imbedded in the file.  If the original image file can be found in its original location, it will be shown,  If the original image is moved or a different computer is used the image will not be found and will show as a black box.

After considerable testing with an image in a drawing, I am considering opening a support ticket.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Hm,  save_texture_with_model is currently set to no in my organization's standard configs.  Notebook files don't have any model associated with them, though.  This is literally just a page with some tables with &PARAMETER in the cells along with some explanatory bitmaps.  Engineers just enter the parameters they want into the tables and the values get used by startparts that have been declared to the notebook.

Also, I can see objects in the navigation tree window for each of the bitmaps, regardless of whether they're visible or not.  I can right click on them, select "open," and see the bitmap, even when the images aren't visible on the notebook page.  So the images are being saved with the notebook file.

Top Tags