cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Import IFC in CREO

Sandertaker
3-Visitor

Import IFC in CREO

Hi, i'll like to know if there's a way to import an IFC  file in CREO 4 or CREO 5, in internet i found a lot information to do it the other way around, but not this way.

Best Regards

7 REPLIES 7
remy
21-Topaz I
(To:Sandertaker)

IFC file format (from Autodesk Revit) is not supported.

I recommend that you file an enhancement request for a future release. 

Alternatively if you run Revit, try another file format such as IGES, STEP or ACIS

@remy wrote:

IFC file format (from Autodesk Revit) is not supported.

Just to be clear, IFC is not from Autodesk Revit (although Revit has the ability to import/export IFC)

IFC (Industry Foundation Class) is an open and neutral data format for openBIM.

For more info see the website of buildingSMART

Hey,

You can use the BIMDeX plugins, which can exchange data between Creo and IFC in both the ways. These plugins give seamless data exchange between Creo and IFC. 

HV_171478
4-Participant
(To:SJ_9950719)

Hey,

I'm trying to install a trial version of the IFC importer for Creo. I received the correct files from BIMDex (SrinSoft) but after succesfull installation I still can't select the "IFC" format in the file open window. The people of BIMDex mentioned that sometimes you have to load the plugin into Creo. Any idea where and how to load this plugin? Thx

Hey,

I'm trying to install a trial version of the IFC importer for Creo. I received the correct files from BIMDex (SrinSoft) but after succesfull installation I still can't select the "IFC" format in the file open window. The people of BIMDex mentioned that sometimes you have to load the plugin into Creo. Any idea where and how to load this plugin? Thx Dirk

Hello,

This can also be done with the CAD Converter from CoreTechnologie (3D_Evolution) CAD Converter - CoreTechnologie.

This software can import IFC files and export them to Creo Parametric or visa versa. This can also be done in batch.

Thanks!

Hey,

I'm trying to install a trial version of the IFC importer for Creo. I received the correct files from BIMDex (SrinSoft) but after succesfull installation I still can't select the "IFC" format in the file open window. The people of BIMDex mentioned that sometimes you have to load the plugin into Creo. Any idea where and how to load this plugin? Thx

Top Tags