cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Import of dwg and dfx files to ProE

ptc-2819422
1-Newbie

Import of dwg and dfx files to ProE

Hello, I try to import/open dwg and dfx files with Pro Engineer 4 as assemblies. They are displayed well and I can also open the different parts, but it is impossible to change the several parts. For example I can´ t add a drilling to the parts and I can not cut off Material of the parts. Do anyone know a way for importing or converting dwg and dfx files to ProE, so that I can also change the parts of the assemblies and cut off material? Is it maybe easier to construct the models with ProE by myself than importing dfx or dwg files? Thank you in advance.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

There is no good way to import parts that must be changed later. Recreate it in Pro-E.

I think Robert is probably right, but I remember importing assemblies before that came in pretty well and I was able to slightly modify. You are importing to an assembly file from one?

Thanks for the answers! Gregory Woughter, I imported the dfx and dwg files as assemblies. What did you slightly modify?

This is all coming from a faulty memory, but I remember modifying parametric dimensions, diameters and like that. It was for a test rig. What I'm not sure about is what form it was imported from. I think it was dxf, but it might have been a step, which would be a whole different ball of wax.
Top Tags