cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Imported part not visible in assy file

ptc-3074892
1-Newbie

Imported part not visible in assy file

Imported igs file of part is not visible in asm file
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Is the part a surface model? Next if it is a surface model, then your layers for surfaces is turned off. That should fix the issue.

Thank you for the reply, Eric. The part was an imported igs file, saved as a part file. The layers appear to be defined. When I do an insert>component>assemble, it will appear if it is the first part. But, when I add an additional part, it disappears.

Is it possivle that one part is a different scale due to UNITS being metric or vice versa. If the part is very tiny relative to your assembly it will be invisible unless you know where to look.

That was it, Willy. Thanks. .. I thought that was a strange looking origin icon ..

Oh, yeah, I've been caught by that one a few times over the years, and if it only happens once in a blue moon you go "?????!!!!!" all over again.

No sweat, Chris. I remember the first time I found a lost micro model swimming around in the innards of my inch assembly, I couldn't help but think of that old 60s sci-fi movie, Fantastic Voyage. They shrunk down this whole hi-tech submarine type vehicle, complete with its science-minded crew, (and, for some reason, Raquel Welch) to fit in a hypodermic syringe so they could journey thru some important guys guts and blast his blood clots or something. Kinda like humam Lipitor, I guess. But I digress...

haha that's great .. I'll have to pick that movie up and check it out .. thanks again!
Top Tags