cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Inteliigent Fastener Fatal Error

gpedros
8-Gravel

Inteliigent Fastener Fatal Error

I'm having fatal crashes while using Intelligent Fastener. I've created custom hardware for our department and sometimes it works nice and other times it crashes me out of Creo with a fatal error. I have no idea how to fix this and hope someone hear can help.

I get the error at random times.....

• when I select a hole I want to assemble
  • when I select the option to automatically select screw size
  • when I change the screw from inch to metric.

Attached are the traceback of the error and the ifx_catalogs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
remy
21-Topaz I
(To:gpedros)

Creo exits suddenly when using IFX and that's unexpected and frustrating. The traceback captures the signature of the crash and TS can check whether the crash had been reported before to the condition that an actual case be created. 

So when you want to have the crash signature checked, i'll let you create an actual support case. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
remy
21-Topaz I

Creo exits suddenly when using IFX and that's unexpected and frustrating. The traceback captures the signature of the crash and TS can check whether the crash had been reported before to the condition that an actual case be created. 

So when you want to have the crash signature checked, i'll let you create an actual support case. 

gpedros
8-Gravel
(To:remy)

How would I go about submitting a support case?

remy
21-Topaz I

To file a case you need to browse this url : https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/cs/auth/ssl/log 

good luck

gpedros
8-Gravel

Thank you!!

gpedros
8-Gravel

Hi remy,

Would you know why support isn't replying to my support case I've submitted for this issue. I've submitted it twice and still have not heard back.

Thanks

Hi,

until the support will answer can you attach your complete library folder (ifx/parts) or at least the custom files you have added/changed.

A trail.txt from you crash would also be helpful.

Do you have all crashes inside the IFX-Fastener dialog?

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Hi Oliver,

I've attached the custom files and catalog files. It seems to happen with the FHCS screws, but at times I think it happens with all of them. It's a random crash, so I can't really repeat it consistently.  I know shoulder bolts aren't supported, but they seem to work decent enough for what I'm using them for.

Thanks and let me know if you need other files.

Hi, 

thank you for the files.

I have reviewed some files and tested assembling - everything looks ok.

Do you use your own custom *.hol files? 

If yes, can you please attach it.

We have an option to output additional information to trail.txt:

Please open '<ifx>\text\resource\dlg_config_ifx.xml

Search for 'Option name="STATUSREPORT"'  and change the default to 2.

If you run into a crash the next time, please send me your trail.txt file.

After this, set STATUSREPORT back to '0'.

Thanks.

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

one more question:

Do you assemble your fastener on axis, point or cylindrical surface from a hole?

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

I try to use axis as much as possible. If not, I'll use the surface.

Hi Oliver,

thanks for testing the hardware for me. Have you tried the FHCS? I think that one gives me the most issues when I select the icon to size the screw automatically.

As far as the hole tables, I do not use them. I left them alone and have not changed the defaults. do I need to change them with custom hardware? Is there a way to disable the hole tables if not needed?

Thanks

Hi,

I found one problem and fixed this.

The error occur if you place on a surface and for the preselected screw no holechart could be found.

This fix will be integrated in 7.0.10.0, 8.0.7.0, 9.0.2.0.

For your FHCS IFX cannot found a holechart (with default Creo holecharts)

• 5/16-18
  • 5/16-24
  • 7/16-14
  • 7/16-20

Maybe this causes the error on your end.

Please try to reproduce the crash with STATUSREPORT=2 and send me trail.txt.

Regarding the holecharts:

It is not necessary to customize the *.hol files (holecharts)

In your case - if some diameters are missing it might be required to add your own *.hol files.

Disable the holecharts makes no sence as they are required to create a standard hole.

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

So I was able to reproduce the error. I will try adding the missing holes table values and see if that resolves the issue.

Top Tags