cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Is anyone else becoming super discouraged by all the bugs in Creo?

ByDesign
9-Granite

Is anyone else becoming super discouraged by all the bugs in Creo?

I can hardly work a full day without bumping into one bug or another. I am forever trying to find workarounds to accomplish things.

Today's big disappointment (embarrassment): On a Slack Huddle with a customer, we made some model changes on the fly. Then, they asked how that affects assembly weight. Simple enough question, right?

No. How embarrassing I had to say, "No this high-end CAD system can't properly calculate mass."

See Case 17244081. On some parts, Creo can't remember the assigned density, so my 58-ish lb assembly shows as 604800 lbs. I have to delete and reassign the material of certain parts frequently.

I don't suppose all the advertising in the world will convince my customer to buy Creo now. They did have a good laugh, however.

Use this thread to share your own horror stories.

Yes, you can berate me for not using the tread appropriately. That's OK. It needs to be published.

In spite of all the Tech Support calls they whitewash (instead of fixing), I think PTC is so drunk in their own Kool-Aid, they have no idea how much trash they produce.

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ByDesign)

What version of Creo are you using?

Are you assigning material properties to the parts with a density or manually entering the weights?

I have been using the software since Pro/Engineer 2000 and have never seen a properly defined part material density fail to generate the assembly weight.

If you have an open call with PTC Tech Support (17244081) no one can see what is in that call as it is private between you and PTC. Please explain what it is that PTC is supposed to be looking for in that call and maybe someone else has seen the issue can offer a suggestion.

Creo 9.0.7  Assigning density via a material file.  Same file is used to assign material to many parts, even several other parts in this assembly.  For some reason, with a few of the parts it does not stick.  Or more accurately, though the parts dims are english, the density changes to a value like kg/m^3 even though it says lbs/in^3.  Not all the parts, just some.  I can delete the material, then assign it again, and it sticks for a while, but after big changes or when opening them next day, it reverts to the wrong density.  This is not new to me, and it is not unique to the one material file.  On this project I finally got so frustrated I documented it carefully via video and sent it to tech support.  It's been a week, and so far only a call to say they are looking into it.

Because weight is of particular interest in this assembly, this problem is especially annoying.  However, I have seen this a few times in the past year or so in Creo 9.  For a lot of work, accurate weight is not a concern, so I chose to NOT waste my time reporting it.  That's how most of the many bugs are.  I have opened so many calls with PTC that are bugs, then after a lot of extra time to document it, they whitewash it or tell me they are not a priority for development.

I posted the call number so those internal to PTC can look and see, and so others reading this post know there is more to it than just complaining.

I've been working in PTC products since 1994, v.13.  The bugs seem to be in waves where the software is almost unusable for a while, then they start to get a handle on things again.  Never is the software bug-free, but sometimes less than others.  Right now is bad, so I don't know what's up internally, but someone needs to pull a clue and start paying attention to the quality (if I can use that word loosely) of the product.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:ByDesign)

Nah, us Olde Hacks are simply numb to it all by now...🤣🤣🤣

Know your feeling, after all these years there is so many workarounds I have to keep in mind its crazy. Dont even talk about windchill.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags