cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Is it possible to frame a drawing view?

Trebla
15-Moonstone

Is it possible to frame a drawing view?

Hi, I am a new user, I have a simple doubt:

Is it possible to frame a drawing view, as in the attached image, with Creo Parametric 2.0?

Here I made a sketch, but I used other 3D cad programs, that could show the border view with a pair of clicks...

Thank you very much

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:Trebla)

I think Creo does not do this for primary views. You can sketch a boundary and relate it to a view so it will move with the view.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dschenken
21-Topaz I

I think Creo does not do this for primary views. You can sketch a boundary and relate it to a view so it will move with the view.

mganzer
1-Newbie

I think they only way you could do this is to sketch the box around the view, change the line style to phantom, or whatever is desired, and then relate the sketched entities to the view. The box will move with the view, but will not re-size around model changes.

box+view.png

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Welcome to the forum, Albert.

I think the closest thing we have is erasing the view which leaves a very tight rectangular border around your view.

As Mark suggested, you can manually add this in sketch mode and relate the lines to the view.

Do you want these to plot or are they just guides?

If they are simple guides, pre-selection highlighting will quickly show the border's extent.

(Welcome to the forum, Mark!)

Trebla
15-Moonstone
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Thank you all,

I want this boundary to plot it.

If sketching is the only way, I will do.

Top Tags