cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Issues when importing a CATIA V5 Assembly or Part into CREO 3.0

jforsyth
12-Amethyst

Issues when importing a CATIA V5 Assembly or Part into CREO 3.0

Here is my scenario

1. I am running CREO 3.0 M090
  2. I want to import CATIA V5 Assemblies and Parts into CREO.
  3. I have set up a *.dip file which contains the settings for the CATIA Import operation.
  4. In my *.dip file I am pointing to my CREO *.asm and *.prt start models.
  5. In my CREO start models I have hidden the CSYS and save these models with that condition.
  6. If I create a new part or assembly in native CREO 3.0 using these start parts then the CSYS is hidden.
  7. When I import a CATIA V5 Assembly or part using the same start parts then the CSYS appears.

What am I doing wrong?

Additionally, in CATIA V5 there is a solid called PartBody.  This PartBody contains the CATIA V5 solid that I want to import into CREO 3.0.  This PartBody in CATIA can contain a solid that is separated and not continuous.  Think of a solid seat track that has a part of it removed.  See attached picture.

This part is a component of a CATIA V5 Assembly.

when I import the CATIA V5 Assembly, which contains the part above, CREO 3.0 turns this CATIA V5 part into a CREO 3.0 Assembly with each of the sections of the original CATIA V5 part as a separate part in CREO.  And the CSYS also show.  See picture below:

Any suggestions?

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags