cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Joining corners

SerbanDumbrava
1-Newbie

Joining corners

Hi,

I have a problem with something I supposed is a 1-st grade problem. I'm trying to do a skeleton-driven PVC window. For that I made an assemby with a skeleton (a square) and I planned to add to eache of the 4 sides of the skeleton an assembly containing flexible frame, flexible gaskets, corners.....BUT I can't do the corner joining (mittered). When I insert a cut into the assemby (one side) it cuts only the frame profile and the middle gasket but it doesn't cut the gasket that sits on the frame. I olso tried to do the cuts on each flexible part but in the assembly (one side of the skeleton) it says that it does not intersect the flexible-part anymore.

please help me

Serban D

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9

So? Is that hard to do?

Serban,

Sorry, but I don't quite understand what you are trying to do from your description. Also, what do you mean by saying the parts are "flexible".

Do you have a picture of some sort that you could post, so it would be clearer what you are trying to do?

David

I sitched to another assembly (a mullion) but the problem persists. It cuts through the "m109418", it cuts the "sol106" but it doesn't cut the two "sol157910" and the "230-10-968-09". The depth was set both to 55, the width of the m109418 profile ( on his side is done the sketch), and "through all" on both sidescut.JPG

this assembly I want to join with another, cut at the same angle. That one does not get cut at all.

Hi Serban,

Did you check the "intersect" tab when you create the cut?

it should be on automatic or you should choose the body you liked to be cut

Nicolas

Thank you for the ideea.

It was set automatically. I switched it to manual but the problem persists.

Hello Serban,

did you ever try ExpertFrameworkExtension for these type of designs? Using this you can do the mitre joints just by selecting the 2 beams to mitre.

No assmebly cuts etc required. You also can define your own beam-assemblies (frame profile, gasket, cap profile etc) and route them along curves

You can try it as EFX lite in WF5 just by setting config.pro option efx_enable to yes

If you want more information, let me know, then I can help (stefan@buw-soft.de)

Stefan

This is a little puzzling; I don't know why your cut is not getting everything if you set up the options correctly. A suggestion for an alternative approach:

Create a flat surface in the assembly and copy it into each part, then use that surface to trim at the part level. You could even use a 45 degree line and use it to create an extruded cut in each part.

Are the parts solid or do the parts contain surface feature geometry? Surface models and geometry will result in what you are seeing. Can you show what's in the intersect list?

It's very odd. The same 5pieces in every assembly of the 6-piece-frame. Some times it cuts the base profile (M109418) and I'm using the same tehniqu every time (sketch - extrude)

Top Tags