cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

KISSsoft and Creo

Steve1234567
7-Bedrock

KISSsoft and Creo

Hi,

I am currently working on creating an interface between Creo 9 and KISSsoft. I am following the manual provided by KISSsoft (2023) to complete the necessary steps, but I am encountering difficulties. Additionally, the information available online is quite limited, which makes troubleshooting challenging. (I have tried all three variants from the manual)

SS_9818127_0-1729328965784.png

SS_9818127_1-1729328981968.png

Issue: When I click "Create New Gear" in Creo 9, an error message pops up. The message refers to Applisoft, which I´m have also contacted.

SS_9818127_3-1729329617497.png

SS_9818127_2-1729329240116.png

However, when I check the specified folder, there is no such file present.

If I create a file with the suggested name and then click "Create New Gear," nothing happens — not even an error message anymore. So what is wrong?

Also this text is in the Creo console: (Nothing there is linking to the Folder above)

SS_9818127_4-1729330107963.png

Or is there a specific procedure I should follow to make this work (e.g., opening certain files first, executing specific steps, calculate a gear first, etc.)?

Thank you all!

Steve

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Edit: If somebody has the same stupid and very rare problem: You must open KISSsoft as administrator, calculate your gear export it (3D). Open Creo and click Create New Gear. Thats all (that i needed to solve my problem and it worked for me) yay!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Or has somebody experience with it?

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Steve1234567)

In general, when having issues with 3rd party add-ons, you will get a lot more appropriate help from the 3 rd party tech support or you can try their community if they have one. There may not be many active users in the creo community of the specific add-on you are attempting to us, so their will likely not be much help here.

Edit: If somebody has the same stupid and very rare problem: You must open KISSsoft as administrator, calculate your gear export it (3D). Open Creo and click Create New Gear. Thats all (that i needed to solve my problem and it worked for me) yay!

Thanks for sharing your findings!

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags