cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Limit Dimension Display

cole.blankemeye
1-Newbie

Limit Dimension Display

I have a hole diameter with limit tolerancesthat I am trying to display as a note in another dimension. Initially the limit tolerance appeared in the noteas:

"diameter" max limit

min limit

I deleted the dimension from the note, then added it again hoping it would fix the problem. Now the dimension in the note displays as:

min limit "diameter" - max limit

If I display the hole diameter as a standalone on the top view it displays correctly as:

"diameter" min limit - max limit

Has anyone else ever ran into this problem or have any suggestions on how to fix? I attached a screen shot of the limit tolerance in a note and as a standalone dimension.

Thanks,

Cole

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Cole,

Your terminolgy is throwing me a bit. You stated you displayed as a "note". Did you mean a shown dimension with tol_display activewith a symbol typed in the properties box or some other method? How exactly are you constructing (or showing)the string of text in you attached doc?

Dean,

I am dimensioning a counter-bore and thru hole together. I am using theshown dimension for the counter-bore and going to the display and adding a reference to the shown counter-bore depth and the thru hole dimensions. The display text looks sometihng like:

"Counter-bore" @D "Depth" &dXX

&dXX THRU
Top Tags