cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Line type scale - Again?

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Line type scale - Again?

This has been asked a few times over the years but I have yet to see a listed solution that works, at least for me in WF3. I searched the archives. There was a question posed back in 2004 but no response to it. In 2006 someone mentioned using line_style_length in the detail file on a drawing. I tried that but after closing the dialog box, Pro/E removes it. That was probably for an earlier version of WF.

On an assemblydrawing I have changed one of thecomponents to show in a phantom line type. View > Drawing Display > Component Display. I chosePhantomOpque (there is another option, PhantomTrnsp, but I have no idea what the difference is).When I look at the line on the drawing the scale is small and the spacing between the dashes and dots are pretty good. But when I print it out or even create a PDFit becomes larger and does not look good at all.

So my two questions are:

1. What is the difference between the two Phantom lines?

2. Is there a solution to have the line scaleprint out as I see it on the drawing?

Steve G

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:STEVEG)

question 1: The difference is in the components on the drawing behind the component in phantom. So if you use phantom transparent, the components covered will show as if the transparent component is not even there...ie not hidden. If you use phantom opaque, the hidden components will be shown as hidden or not shown depending your drawing display settings for that view.

can't answer #2.

I don't know about the line font scale, but PhantomTrnsp shows hidden
lines as wireframe, PhantomOpque does not show hidden lines. This
overrides the drawing view preferences for show/hide hidden lines for
the component it is applied to.

Christopher Gosnell

TRIGON INC.
FPD Company
124 Hidden Valley Road
McMurray, PA 15317
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:STEVEG)

Thank you for an answer to my first question.However nobodyresponded with an answer for my second question.

Iguess the issue that was first posted about in <u>2004</u> is still an issue...6 YEARS LATER? I just wonder if I am one of the very few that has this issue.

I think I will start a call with PTC.

Steve G

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags