cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Linecap and Linejoin in PDF-export. Linejoin isn't used?

sbengtsson
6-Contributor

Linecap and Linejoin in PDF-export. Linejoin isn't used?

I have exported PDFs with all nine combinations of Linecap and Linejoin. I can't see anywhere that the setting of Linejoin matters. To me it seems like the export only uses the linecap setting. Is there anyone who can show an example from Creo where the setting of Linejoin makes a difference?

Linecap butt and Linecap Projected square gives ugly results on thicker lines (in corners). As far as I can see the only setting that gives a somewhat decent look is Linecap Round. It gives good corners and angles at least.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sbengtsson
6-Contributor
(To:sbengtsson)

Yes, Linejoin has an effect on how stroked fonts appear. This is visible on very large text or in a really zoomed-in state on the pdf-file. I see no practical use of this.

Linejoin has no effect on geometry.

To get good-looking corners it´s neccessary to use Linecap = round.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

my suggestion ... ask PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

Usually don't get any helpful answers from the support. That's why I try here.

/Staffan Bengtsson

@sbengtsson
I don't have any good example but one of the easiest can be..... (only for a test)
- insert a note with only one letter M and increase the text height might be 6 or more...
- create a pdf with stroke all fonts and with different options of line join...

possibly this will clarify....

Aha, we are using True Type on our pdf-files, so thats probably why I don't see it. I thought that "linejoin" would effect how geometrical corners appear.

I will do a test with stroked fonts just to check.

Best regards,

Staffan

sbengtsson
6-Contributor
(To:sbengtsson)

Yes, Linejoin has an effect on how stroked fonts appear. This is visible on very large text or in a really zoomed-in state on the pdf-file. I see no practical use of this.

Linejoin has no effect on geometry.

To get good-looking corners it´s neccessary to use Linecap = round.

Top Tags