cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Linking, exporting to pdf

glászló
4-Participant

Linking, exporting to pdf

Hi!

I'm trying to make a hierarchical block diagram. First I'd like to ask, is there any way to link a sheet to a block? So Id like to have an option to change the sheet, according to a certain block (in the software we use for PCB design you can create blocks, and if double click on the block it will go to a referenced sheet in the hierarchy, so you can navigate in the design easily, I'd like to achieve something like this). Like if I right click on an xref shape and select change sheet, it goes to the sheet, where it has the xref shape, it would be great to make this with blocks.

The other thing I'd like to know about is exporting hyperlinks to pdf. Again in the PCB designer software we use if you export your design to pdf, it will export the links too, so you can navigate easily in the design in pdf view too. Is there a way to do the same in Schematics?

Thanks,
Laszlo

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Hi Laszlo,

link between sheets, can be don by using Co-shapes.

hyperlinks does not really exist in Creo Schematics, i assume you refer to connection between sheets (Co-shapes)- the link is not exported to PDF .

I recommend you to check the EDA export :

it keep the connection between the sheets and in addition to exporting the 2D graphics it export also the logical data (parameters) so it is much smarter format then PDF.

Regards,

Gaby

glászló
4-Participant
(To:Gaby_K)

Hi!

I see, that EDA export is doing quite well, but I can't open it in any software just schematics. As you might know there are several employees who need to access for example a design's block diagram, now thees employees work on the assembling or other departments of the company, so they don't need to have schematics license (moreover it's not recommended because they could modify the design), but it is absolutely necessary for them to make the design 'reading' as easy as possible, that's why a hyperlinked pdf file is the best choice (it can't be modified, there are several software's to read it, easy navigation is possible with hyperlinks etc.). After export, I can hyperlink the sheets and blocks in pdf (even with pcb schematics to make more easier to find anything in the design) editor but if I make changes to the design and export it again, I have to make the hyperlinks again, so it's not a comfortable solution.

Thanks,
Laszlo

Hi,

EDA can be only excported from Creo Schematics ; you can't import it again to Creo Schematics .

in addition, EDA files  can be read by Creo View or Creo illustrate, and can't be edited - try it .

Regards,

Gaby

glászló
4-Participant
(To:Gaby_K)

Hi,

You're right, I've tried it with Creo view express, but I could not see any structure nor properties, I can't roll the pages like in PDF format (maybe these are limitations to the free version). The mayor problem is, that we should install and teach this software to a lot of employees who doesn't really need it. To use PFD is much easier.

Thanks!
Laszlo

Hi Laszlo,

I am using zuken e3 software for wire harnessing, there schematics exported to PDF having feature off page refeences. Jump to page feature. Which is more useful while reading & navigating back. Also try  once DX Designer software, I observed in that exported PDF has advanced features such as device properties & all its attributes are linked when we click on any component.

glászló
4-Participant
(To:ppadigala)

Hi!    

My company uses DX designer for schematics design,  so I know that exported pdf files have very good features such as properties and more. Mostly that was the reason I asked for same features in Creo schematics. It would be a really nice thing to have, because schematics has some really nice features in the cabling design area.  Thanks for the tip though.

Regards,
Laszlo

Top Tags