cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

List Digest, Dec 11, 2012

jeffsampson
1-Newbie

List Digest, Dec 11, 2012

body{font-family: Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color: #ffffff;color: black;}Scott,
There is only one way I know to do what you ask, and it ain't pretty. See the attached picture as an example. Any surface you want to be a different color must be 1) separated from all co-planar surfaces and 2) must be a different feature in the model tree. You can align the surface to an existing surface in the sketch, but it must be a separate feature.
In the example, I made a square protrusion with 2 separate cylinders extruded from the same surface of the square in separate directions. I aligned the sketch of the second cylinder to the first one. The groove was added as a cut to the second cylinder. I then assigned the color red to the second cylinder surface and it stayed separate from the first cylinder, but Pro does not "separate" the two halves of the second cylinder and thus colors them both red.
There you have it. I know of no other way to accomplish this.
--Jeff Sampson -
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

did you try selecting the one planer surface and use the offset surface, with a small offset value.

It should then let you differentiate between the 2 surfaces.

Gary

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags