cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Looking for a named parameter for gear ratio that I can use in a relation

mburlone
4-Participant

Looking for a named parameter for gear ratio that I can use in a relation

I have an assembly that includes a Gear Pair connection defined in the Mechanism Application.  The models of the gear components themselves are adjustable based on a few input parameters like tooth count, and module etc.

However, if I change the tooth count of either of the gears, I have to manually re-input the new gear ratio in the assembly model.  I'm looking for a way to relate the gear ratio in the assembly to these same component parameters, but I cannot find the name of the variable to use for this gear ratio.

How do I find the names of the dimension/parameters in a GearPair connection?

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:mburlone)

To the best of my knowledge, most of the mechanism "stuff", including gears, cannot be controlled outside of the interface where they are created.  See https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/Mechanism-Set-Gear-Pitch-Circle-via-Parameter-or-Relations/idi-p/456363

mburlone
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

Hmmm, that's frustrating; especially since there are parameters for more obscure variables in other types of connections.  In the relations window under Local Parameters, if I filter by Current and all sublevels, I can see parameters for kinetic friction and restitution of each of the joints.  Even the coefficients of servomotor profiles can be found here.  But sadly, I see no such parameter for gear ratio.

I checked the same as you and came up with the same lack of results.  No parameters accessible for the gear connections.  This software should be called "Creo (mostly)Parametric"

Top Tags