cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Loss parts when use "exclude" in simplified representation

Sulibo
13-Aquamarine

Loss parts when use "exclude" in simplified representation

I wroked with a big configurable product model.

And I create a new simplified representation, 

I used "exclude" for the sub configurable modules that I dont want to show.

But sadlly, I loss these parts in the context,

This is not normal , happened once for me, 

But other people said they meet this problem some times also,

Would anyone knows why this happened and how to avoid it?

Thanks in advance!

ps. Creo version 5.0

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Sulibo)

Are you saving or backing up the assembly while a simplified rep is active?  Excluded components are not saved if you save the assembly while a simplified rep is active.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

If you are turning off parts in an assembly and other parts are "lost", it could be that the parts that you do not wish to go away are constrained to the parts that you excluding. If so, you will need to change the constraints to part of the model that remains.

Sulibo
13-Aquamarine
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Hello @Dale_Rosema 

Not that situation,

My problem happened when use configurable product model, and some times after create a new simplified representation:

All the excluded configurable modules where disappeared in all representation(I meaning lost in my assembly 3D file without any warning)

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Are you saying you lost the parts in the assembly? This would not be normal.

If you are saying you lost your simplified rep definition, this is fairly common because you have to "save" your simplified rep if you are modifying it outside of the simplified rep definition dialog.

I may be misunderstanding your problem, if so, please forgive me and if you can, please explain.

Sulibo
13-Aquamarine
(To:StephenW)

Sorry my English, 

I mean loss parts in the assembly,

I cant find these parts in any representation.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

A simplified rep is just a "filter", so if the parts are not in the Master Rep, which is always everything in the assembly, your problem is not with simplified reps.

There is no reason for missing parts in an assembly other than failing to save the assembly. Other than the user forgetting to save, this is not a common problem (write access to the folder you are trying to save in, windchill states and locks preventing saving are possible reasons). I used to occasionally have issues with a Creo/Windchill conflict that prevented saving, there would an error message generated but this hasn't been a problem in years for me.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Are you saving or backing up the assembly while a simplified rep is active?  Excluded components are not saved if you save the assembly while a simplified rep is active.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Sulibo
13-Aquamarine
(To:kdirth)

Yes, I saved the assembly model while a simplified representation is active.

You mean I need to save the excluded parts first in some way before I exclud those parts.

I will do some test, 

Thanks for you give me the clue!

Sulibo
13-Aquamarine
(To:kdirth)

Hello @kdirth  this happned again,

I  made a simplified representation in a configurable module: 

after I excluded the variantm, then weird thing happened again:

liboME_0-1700209730851.png

the parts disappeared, 

Then I need to clear my workspace and reload the parts again,

Announcements