cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Manual XML import in to Pro/Harness

abesau1
1-Newbie

Manual XML import in to Pro/Harness

We get our wirelists in an excel file format from EE. Is there a way to convert this excel file format to an XML file format to import into Pro/Cabling?? We're no longer using Pro/Diagram so we don't have the option to do a logical reference back to a Pro/Diagram. EE does not want to learn/use Routes Systems, so now we have to manualy desinate each component and manually read each spool etc..

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Abel,

I'm not an expert, but I believe there are Macros that can be created to create the XML file from Excel.The Excel file would need the columns formated with the parameter names that match Cabling. That is documented in the help documents.

Sorry I couldn't help more with this.

Frank Mohr

Caterpillar Inc.

Thanks for your response Frank.

Anyone out there who can point me to where I could find a macro to format the Excel spread sheet output to a NWF format? Or anyone have an excel template already set up that I can use? I've also read you can use Microsoft's word mail merge functionality to export to a NWF but what is the format I need to follow to set up my excel template??

Thanks again

BillF
13-Aquamarine
(To:abesau1)

Is this what some people refer to as Ninja Cabling. If you do a google search on - ptc.com ninja schematic -, there are a number of articles that appear to be about doing the 3d part of the design without using Schematics or Pro/Diagram.

Since we are setting up Schematics, I only skimmed some of the articles.

Top Tags