cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Mass and volume flow units for parameters?

ptc-4804545
1-Newbie

Mass and volume flow units for parameters?

I want to do an Excel analysis where I use a volumetric flow rate parameter as an input, calculate a pipe diameter in the spreadsheet and drive the model with the analysis output.

The work I am doing will likely involve a crazy quilt of SI, IPS and industry-standard units, so keeping diligent track of units is critical to avoid stupid mistakes.

I noticed the ability for non-geometric parameters to have units assigned and was overwhelmed with the selection of Unit Quantities available. I thought I was going crazy that I could not find volumetric flow rate (L^3/T) or mass flow rate (M/T) among the exhaustive list. Am I missing something? I can't seem to make it a derived unit.

What should I do?

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags