cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Mass balance

dm-3
1-Newbie

Mass balance

Hi,

I am helping a cutting tool designer with Pro/E for their design now. I just want to know how to balance if material is added or removed in a cylindrical shaft.

Attached image will help you to understand.

Suggest me the right tools to use and best practise as well.

--

Dhinesh

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
dveljkovic
6-Contributor
(To:dm-3)

Use mass property calculation. It will give you the mass of whole assembly and center of gravity measured from assembly CSYS. You can clearly see it how much center of gravity is moved in X, Y and Z direction. Then, you can remove (or add) material where needed. Make sure that units and material properties are correct before you start doing this.

Top Tags