cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Mass moment of inertia in parameter

Praveee
1-Newbie

Mass moment of inertia in parameter

I have a part with abt 30 instances. now i need to find their mass moment of inertia. Is there any relation (jus like mp_cg_x), that i can add in relation and call in family table so that i'll get all the inertia values updated automatically in my family table???

Or Is there any way to find the moment of inertia without opening the instances individually???

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

You can do it, First open generic model go to file prepare model properties> mass properties> change> click on calculate and click ok.

Now, create a parameter let say "A" and type a relation A= (click on local parameters and select reported or extended reported mass properties. select desired moment of inertia value). Now create the family table and select the parameter "A" (I guess u know the selction methods). Keep * in the parameter field. Verify and regenrate the model. Reopen select the instanceces by column and click on "A" to see the inertia for differnet instances. Attaching example for your reference.

Regards,

Jayanta Sarkar

I able to retrive the inertia tensors, thank you..

Is there a way to do the same for Principle moments?

Top Tags