cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

MathQuest - is there an equation for this?

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

MathQuest - is there an equation for this?

I have a sketch that I have no way to describe mathematically but I find myself recreating it many times in a project. It is in a sense logarithmic but not really.

The idea is that I have one known diameter as a "core" value. I have a single angle dimension as a "coarseness" selection. It is an infinity problem but for the sake of the project, there is a workable limit. What I need is "core_dia" (12.0) +/- "INT" (# of steps above or below) based on "angle" (tangency) = diameter at the center of the INT circle from center and the diameter or radius of said INT circle (to capture tangency).

The resulting formula would replace the geometric version in the sketch in Creo Parametric relations. Therefore it must be compatible with Creo relations. And it must be an accurate value; not rounded.

Consider this a challenge. The only reward is the kudos of a job well done.

math_quest.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags