cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Way to avoid 0.000 Dimensions?

ptc-4864603
1-Newbie

Way to avoid 0.000 Dimensions?

I see this a lot and its a pain when the center points of circles get this dimension and then trying to change it to a coincident constraint.

Is there a way to get dimensions like that converted to coincident constraint automatically?

Thanks in advance.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Very common problem and difficult to correct easily. What I've done is give the 0.000 dimension a value where it moves the center out in the open and then apply the coincident constraint.. deleting the offending dimension in the error dialog.

Of course, the way to avoid this is to have references available when placing the circle/arc to begin with. But there will always be instances when you need to do this in reverse.

sounds good to me, i'll count that as helpful.

learning the nuances of ProE has been a course in logically applying the illogical.

Top Tags