cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Maximum & minimum position of machine in drafting at a single view like as overlay

ICAD_Support
13-Aquamarine

Maximum & minimum position of machine in drafting at a single view like as overlay

Dear Community,

I want to set two positions of a robotic arm in a single view at drafting..

This feature is available in solidworks also..(Ref video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC_F6F5gRog)

Can we do it in creo as like this..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As far as I know, you can't show two different mechanism positions in a single drawing in Creo.
You can create necessary snapshots and make them available to drawing. Then add another view with desired machine position (from snapshot) and put that view directly on existing view, so it looks like you're showing two different positions at one drawing. You can even change edges display for that particular view, e.g. to be phantom line or similar.

Another solution is to duplicate moving components in the assembly and move them to correct (minimum/maximum) position and then create a view of this assembly. Of course you'll get an overloaded BOM this way, so use such assembly only for showing machine positions and regular assembly for other stuff.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

As far as I know, you can't show two different mechanism positions in a single drawing in Creo.
You can create necessary snapshots and make them available to drawing. Then add another view with desired machine position (from snapshot) and put that view directly on existing view, so it looks like you're showing two different positions at one drawing. You can even change edges display for that particular view, e.g. to be phantom line or similar.

Another solution is to duplicate moving components in the assembly and move them to correct (minimum/maximum) position and then create a view of this assembly. Of course you'll get an overloaded BOM this way, so use such assembly only for showing machine positions and regular assembly for other stuff.
Top Tags