cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Measure force with skeleton

vwang-2
1-Newbie

Measure force with skeleton

I am working on a Crane assembly with mechnisam.

If I assemble all the parts/assembly using connection without skeleton, and I run a dynamic motion analysis, I can measure the force of the slider(hydraulic cylinder) force needed during the motion of the crane. However, if I use motion skeleton and assemble all the parts/assembly to the skeleton, I can not get the correct force.

Is that means skeleton can not be used in measuring the force?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
gfraulini
17-Peridot
(To:vwang-2)

Hi,

in mechanism if you want to do a force analysis the first thing you have to look is the number of degrees of freedom and the redundancies.

I never used motion skeletons but, if I remind well, that internal constraints are different from the ones of mechanism that are the proper ones for the analysis.

I think that the internal constraints of motion skels were developed in the case you don't buy the licence for mechanism but leaving you only the possibility of moving your assembly.

Top Tags