cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Mentor Library Managment in Windchill

ptc-5350109
1-Newbie

Mentor Library Managment in Windchill

Hello All,

I am exploring on Windchill 10.1 integration with Mentor ECAD application. I am going through varous documents. I tested few functionalities as well.

I have few question about ECAD Library in Windchill. This question to all who are working on ECAD Integration with Windchill

1) How Library managment intgeration with Windchill works at your end.

a) How Symbols /Cells are represented in Windchill. ?

b)

2) I was thinking about MetaData in WC and developing integration of Library data in Mentor (DMS).

3) I found one guide Windchill Gateway for Cadence Alegro. Is there any existing Gateway for integrating WC with Mentor Library Managment.

Regards

Ajay Joshi

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Ajay,

1 - In general, there is no direct communication with the Schematic system to Windchill in the library area. Your observation of the Cadence connector is valid; there is however only a discussion @ PTC about doing the same thing for Mentor. If your company is interested in this, I highly recommend that you provide feedback through your PTC Sales Representative or VAR that this is something of interest. PTC will not finalize their development of this into a product without direct customer request.

Library metadata is held in a WTPART in Windchill that is basically an extracton of what you have created in Mentor.

2 - A custom integration would be possible, but it is a VERY heavy customization. In my experience, you should NEVER attempt a customization.

3 - No. See answer #1.

Can you explain why you would want to integrate your ECAD library data directly into Windchill? What are the business advantages? What doesn't Mentor do that you would like to see done?

In general the thought around this area is this; Mentor manages their own data very well. There is no reason to manage Mentor data by a third party. There is a need to represent some of that data in the PLM system, but the need must be compelling. Usually all of this is already done and managed in the native ECAD tools, and we in the PLM space, just want a "window" into the information.

I hope this helps; please call me with questions.

Regards,Scott Claes
Mobile: 248-739-2596
scott@claes.biz www.claes.biz
Twitter LinkedIn

Hi Ajay

PTC supports Windchill gateway for Cadence Alegro Design Workbench. There is no support for managing mentor library data with Windchill using gateway.

Top Tags