cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Middle Mouse button customization

jcolon
3-Visitor

Middle Mouse button customization

How can I change the behavior of the middle mouse button? I am new to Creo and Would like to make it so that I pan with the middle mouse button pressed and orbit with SHIFT+MMB. Basically the reverse of what it is currently set (I'm assuming as default) Also, is there a way to switch how the wheel zooms in and out? Again, reversing the control scheme. This latter problem isn't a big deal, but the Pan/Orbiting is what I really want to know if it can be changed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Javier,

reversing of zooming direction is mentioned in How to reverse the mouse wheel zoom. I guess that AutoHotkey is able to solve your first request ...

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Javier,

reversing of zooming direction is mentioned in How to reverse the mouse wheel zoom. I guess that AutoHotkey is able to solve your first request ...

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thanks martin. This helps. I do have a question, in that above mentioned thread it mentions a command for the AHK script...

#IfWinActive, ahk_class Dialog

WheelDown::WheelUp

WheelUp::WheelDown

I tried to replicate it with the middle mouse button behavior and thought maybe adding this bit...

+MButton::MButton

MButton::+MButton

I created a new script and I had this in there...

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.

; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.

SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.

SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

WheelDown::WheelUp

WheelUp::WheelDown

Return

Return

But the MMB behavior does not change. I saw the the + sign is for the SHIFT button, but I'm not sure what the command for the middle mouse button would be. I am totally ignorant on HTML coding, so most of this script is all above my head.

Javier,

I think the above mentioned remapping will not work, because +MButton is not single key/button. It is a combination of key and button.

For example the following remapping will work

MButton::RButton

RButton::MButton

I am sorry I can't help you. I spent some time looking for a solution, unfortunatelly without success .

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Ok, Thank you for your help, Martin. I will continue to look. The wheel direction command does work, so that is one annoying item down. These drafting programs should allow you to change these behaviors a bit easier than this.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:jcolon)

I used to use a mouse button mapping software to set up a mouse that didn't have the correct drivers for a windows. It's really simple to set up and use. I think I used x-button mouse control. There are several available online, just search for mouse button mapping.

jcolon
3-Visitor
(To:StephenW)

I am on the AHK help board trying to figure out the script for it all. I will post it here as reference for the future... If and when I get it, that is.

Top Tags