cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Mirror components in Assembly

Sachin
1-Newbie

Mirror components in Assembly

Hi, I am working in an assembly, which is almost similar in the second half, with most of the components in a mirrored way.

How can I mirror them in assembly without re-assembling in other half location?

Is there any way out in Creo to perform this task?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine
(To:Sachin)

yes there is an option to mirror the assembly.

if in creo 2.0..look for save as> mirror assembly

if in pro/e 4.0 or 5.0 look for file >mirror assembly.

the above options are available in assembly window.

Hi Rohit, Thanks for the reply. The Save As option you suggested mirrors the complete assembly, but I want to mirror the components in the assembly and within assembly.

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

Then use the mirror tool.....

If you want control the mates then use the repeat tool

Hi Sachin

u can creat mirror in assembly by two method 1 st is by mirror which u can find in creat component option near assemble icon in creo 2.0 and second method is u can also creat by repeat command.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

You can mirror components in an assembly by going to component - create - select part or assembly in the left side and mirror on the right side. You have to give it a new name (this is for new components but it will copy placement of existing components). You a second dialog box, in this box, select MIRROR PLACEMENT ONLY. and also this is where you will select the component (part of assembly) you will mirror and what the mirror plane is.

When you use component create mirror and mirror placement only, it will not create a new component, it will simply mirror the existing components placement based on the mirror plane.

Steve

Aaron_Daniel
13-Aquamarine

Depending on what you're actually trying to accomplish, you may run into the same limitation I have always fought around in Pro-E/CREO. I had submitted the discussion under 'Assembly Management' since that seemed appropriate at the time... as Re: Component Placement via Create > Part > Mirror. If you are assembling the same part in a mirrored location, it doesn't always work in a practical (intuitive) way.

Hopefully the following link will work. It provides some explanation...

http://communities.ptc.com/message/225551#225551

If the link doesn't work for you, let me know and I will copy the contents in a reply.

Can we break the dependency in mirrored component in assembly. I mean to say there is an option available to make the component independant from the parent, but is there any way to replicate the model tree with all the features in the mirrored component, which is editable.

Thanks,

Sachin

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Even independent, the model tree is as the original and mirror merge at the end of the tree.

There are some limitations in trying to create new features before the mirror merge feature.

But if you need tp tweak some of the existing feature, you can do this at will.

Top Tags